The Department of HND at MIUC; The Fashion and textiles department at MIUC provide greater breadth and specialization. BTEC HNDs are followed predominately by full-time learners.
Course Key Information Fashion & Textile Programme
How you'll Study
Designed with involvement from universities, employers, students and professional bodies, HND Fashion and textiles provide real world experience, as well as academic knowledge. This ensures students leave with expertise recognized by business and industry, and the flexibility to go straight into employment, or progress to a degree. HND Fashion and textiles are delivered at both universities and colleges in 58 countries around the world, and are an ideal choice for learners seeking an affordable and relevant route to a degree or employment.
MIUC is an affiliate center of Pearson. We at Metropolitan international university College put the learners at focus of everything we do. The Fashion and textiles department at MIUC provide greater breadth and specialization. BTEC HNDs are followed predominately by full-time learners.
The course will provide you with real industry experience working on live projects, as well as gaining invaluable knowledge through optional internships and work experience. You will be encouraged to enter prestigious competitions in order to market yourself as a designer and will have the opportunity to take part in the College’s annual fashion show.
Throughout the course you will study:
- Screen printing for both fashion and interiors
- Fabric manipulation and surface decoration skills
- Machine and hand embroidery
- Drawing and media exploration in relation to design development
- Knitted and woven textiles
- Construction technical skills
- Sketch book development and exploration
- Design process
- Digital imaging and its application in design
- Creative research and its context in design
- Professional Development
- Contextual Studies
- Individual Project (Pearson-set)
- Techniques & Processes
- Professional Practice
- Applied Practice Collaborative Project (Pearson-set)
- Computer Aided Design (CAD)
- Fashion & Textiles Practices
- Advanced Fashion Studies
Your application will be considered on an individual basis, taking into account all aspects, not just your qualifications. We’re seeking both depth and breadth in your ongoing studies, as well as your passion for the chosen field of study. To meet the 14-year education equivalence requirement set by the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan, you need to have completed either 12 years of local education (Metric/Intermediate) or the equivalent of 8 O-levels and 3 A-levels. Alternatively, in other situations, the following conditions generally apply:
• Having a prior Level 3 qualification is preferred.
• There’s a mature entry route for professionals or students who’ve taken a study break. This route typically involves substantial work experience and/or the attainment of various professional qualifications in their respective work sectors.
• Students awaiting results are also welcome.
If you’re unsure whether your current or planned qualifications meet the entry criteria, feel free to reach out to the Admissions Team for further guidance at email@example.com (please check if this is the right id). Admissions are open throughout the year. Plan a visit to your nearest campus well in advance to secure your spot in the program.
Scholarships & Awards
In Campus Fashion Studio
At MIUC fashion studios are spaces where fashion design students or professionals work on creating designs, patterns, and garments. They often have equipment such as sewing machines, cutting tables, mannequins, and other tools needed for fashion design and production. In a campus or college context, a fashion studio could be a dedicated space within a fashion design program or department where students work on their projects or collaborate on fashion-related activities.