Unlock your success with MIUC – Pakistan’s premier college for ACCA, providing unparalleled academic excellence and dedicated professional support to fuel your journey towards a thriving career.
Course Key Information ACCA Programme
How you'll Study
The ACCA Qualification stands as a highly esteemed credential in the field of accountancy. To attain the designation of a Chartered Certified Accountant and use the “ACCA” letters after one’s name, individuals must successfully complete:
– 13 exams, with the possibility of claiming exemptions for up to nine exams.
– Three years of relevant practical experience.
– An Ethics and Professional Skills module.
ACCA, the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, stands out as the largest and fastest-growing international accountancy body. Boasting a student base exceeding 486,000 and a membership of 200,000 across 180 countries, ACCA holds significant recognition and influence globally. It is noteworthy that more individuals worldwide qualify with ACCA in-country than with any other international body. The reputation and impact of ACCA extend to employers, government entities, and the accounting profession itself.
Chartered Certified Accountants, ACCA’s Members, find employment in diverse sectors such as industry, financial services, the public sector, and public practice. ACCA has the authority to license its members as registered auditors in the UK and Ireland, and in the UK, it authorizes them to undertake insolvency work. Internationally, ACCA members are recognized under the EU’s Mutual Recognition Directive and in numerous countries worldwide.
ACCA provides a comprehensive range of qualifications, including:
– A suite of awards, comprising certificates, diplomas, and a revised Certified Accounting Technician (CAT) qualification – (ACCA Foundation Diploma)
– A Professional Qualification enabling members to attain the highest level in accountancy – (ACCA)
– A Bachelor of Science in Applied Accounting, tailored to meet the practical, professional accounting needs of employers – BSc (Hons)
– A Masters in Professional Accountancy, designed to enhance business understanding and strategic decision-making skills – (MSc)
The Applied Knowledge exams provides students with a broad introduction to the world of finance and develop your essential understanding and techniques in accounting. These exams are:
- Accountant in Business (AB)
- Management Accounting (MA)
- Financial Accounting (FA)
Comprising modules LW to FM, this module examines the principle technical subjects that you’re expected to have an advanced understanding of. These subjects include law, taxation, auditing and financial management, financial reporting and performance management. With MIUC ACCA programme, You will develop knowledge and skills in these subject areas, reaching a level of knowledge equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree. Subjects in ACCA are as follows:
- LW Corporate and Business Law
- PM Performance Management
- TX Taxation
- FR Financial Reporting
- AA Audit & Assurance
- FM Financial Management
This module is called Essentials as it will provide you with the specialised skills and techniques required to become an expert accountant, either in a consultancy or high-level advisory role. Each of the 2 ACCA papers is assessed with a 3-hour paper-based exam.
- SBL Strategic Business Leader
- SBR Strategic Business Reporting
Options Choose any 2 from 4
- AFM Advanced Financial Management
- APM Advanced Performance Management
- ATX Advanced Taxation
- AAA Advanced Audit & Assurance (UK or International)
In Campus ACCA Study
Course Planning: Develop a well-structured course plan that covers all the necessary topics and modules of the ACCA syllabus. Divide the course into manageable units and set clear learning objectives for each session.
Teaching Materials: Gather relevant teaching materials, including textbooks, study guides, past papers, and supplementary resources. You can also incorporate interactive teaching tools, such as multimedia presentations or online learning platforms, to enhance the learning experience.
Guest Speakers and Industry Exposure: Invite guest speakers from the accounting profession to share their experiences and insights with the students. Arrange visits to accounting firms or organize industry events to give students a practical understanding of the profession and its real-world applications.
Support and Guidance: Offer additional support and guidance to students outside of the classroom. Conduct office hours or arrange one-on-one sessions to address individual concerns and provide personalized assistance.